Healthy sleep is vital for everyone and night lights can play a very important role. Read on to discover the best kinds for people of all ages.
Types of Night Lights
Mental health and anxiety levels affect the quality of your sleep. This is why they are so essential. For anyone that has a fear of the dark or feels uneasy in complete darkness, a night light will create peace and relaxation.
Your room size, decor theme, and personality will all effect which is the best one for you.
These are the best types for all occasions:
- Battery-powered – Perfect for places that don’t have an outlet, like hallways, or for during power outages.
- Plugin – Most popular in children’s bedrooms. These can often be found with creative characters and fun designs.
- Projector – Best for kids. These project playful images onto the ceilings or wall.
- Smart Night Light – These are great for people of all ages. They are fun because you can change the brightness and colors from an app on your phone.
- Salt Lamps – Salt lamps produce a soft, warm glow so they are perfect for use as nightlights. They are also said to help purify the air.
Night Lights for Adults
Why do adults use them? Some have a residual fear of the dark from childhood. Others feel relaxed with a soft glow gently filling the room. Experts agree that complete darkness is best for sleep, but hamsters exposed to red lights at night showed less depressive symptoms and changes in the brain than the ones exposed to white or blue lights.
These are the most effective ones for the best sleep:
- Red Lights – Red lights decrease anxiety and depression
- Salt Lights – Salt lights purify the air
- Glowing Essential Oil Diffusers – Essential oils can aid in relaxation and calming.
Help Children Sleep
As parents, we want our children to get their best sleep. When they sleep well, so do we. And their amount of sleep directly impacts their health.
To help your child sleep well, find lights that are calming and not too bright. Find the best light bulbs that encourage sleep. You can even let them pick out the theme or color of the night light.
Need even more tips? We compiled lists that will help you choose the best ones for your children.
Set the Stage for Healthy Sleep
Everything before bedtime and around the room can have an effect on how well you and your children sleep. Decrease anxiety by surrounding bedtime with peaceful and calm activities. Make sure the bedding is as comfortable as possible. And utilize aromatherapy to relax the muscles and the mind.
When you know how to help yourself and your children sleep better, you will all feel better too.