The majority of anti-wrinkle pillow cases are made from silk. Silk helps fight wrinkles by creating a crease-free pillowcase. Years of sleeping on rough cotton can lead to fine lines and wrinkles. By the time we are 60, we’ve slept an average of 20 years. That’s a long time to sleep on a surface that negatively affects your skin and hair!
How Silk Pillows Can Reduce Wrinkles
Can sleeping on silk really make you look younger? Obviously there's a lot of variables involved in your skin's aging process — from stress and environment to genetics. However it's indisputable that we spend roughly a third of our lives sleep, so finding even a small way to benefit your skin during that time will accumulate over the years.
Using a silk pillowcase won't erase 10 years overnight. However it will smooth your skin and keep it hydrated so you will wake up with plumper skin and no random sleep lines on your face. For a minimal change in lifestyle, it seems worth experimenting with.
Pros for Silk Pillowcases:
- Silk retains your hair and skin's own moisture, leaving your skin hydrated
- Silk's finer weave means less friction, leaving you with smoother hair and skin
- Naturally hypoallergenic for sensitive skin
- Pampering — there's just something about the luxuriousness of sillk
Cons of Silk Pillowcases:
- If you sweat a lot during the night, it might be better to use microfiber or cotton
- More delicate care — need to be washed on delicate cycle and air-dried
- Cost — while there are affordable options, silk is a luxury fabric
Care of Your New Silk Pillow Case
One note: Treat your silk pillowcases with care. Many reviewers complain that the pillowcases were damaged after just a couple washes. However this is often due to incorrect cleaning. You can't just bundle these up with the rest of your bedsheets and run them through the wash.
Most silk pillow cases are designed to be washed on the hand-wash or delicate cycle and air-dried. They are a fine fabric and deserve to be treated as such. Take care of them and they'll take care of you!
Our Top 4 Picks for Best Silk Anti-Wrinkle Pillow Cases
We recommend the finest pillowcases for an anti-wrinkle sleep:
Fishers Finery 100% Pure Silk Pillowcase: this pillowcase is 100% silk but is very affordable. It is made out of 100% Pure Mulberry Silk - 19 MM and is one of the highest quality pillows out there. Its design adheres to any design style so it’ll fit in with everything from contemporary to shabby chic. Most silk pillowcases are designed with a side entry, envelope flap and no zippers. A side entry means there is a little wiggle room and the pillow can move around when you sleep, but no zipper will not disrupt your sleep! Dry clean or hand wash. Leave on a flat surface once cleaned.
Lily Silk 100 Pure Mulberry Silk Pillowcase for Hair with Cotton Underside: don’t let the cotton underside deter you. This case is made with absorbent material. The cotton underside serves a multi-functional purpose. It’s great for a sleeper who wants to regulate their temperature at night and switch between a sateen cotton and silky sleep. While it does have more of a slippery surface on top, the cotton prevents movement during the night time for a more luxurious sleep.
Sleep N' Beauty Silk Pillowcase: not only will you sleep better and wake up looking younger, you will also benefit from its silky surface and anti-wrinkle technology. This pillow case is made from 19 momme, 100% natural, un-dyed, chemical free, mulberry silk. You won’t find yourself with creased skin or bed head with this choice.
White Lotus Anti Aging Pillowcase: This 100% 19 Momme Mulberry Silk Pillowcase comes in a white ivory gift box and serves 3 purposes: gives you THE best sleep, provides anti-wrinkle technology and will leave your hair looking and feeling luxurious when you wake up. It’s also naturally hypoallergenic. Hypoallergenic pillow cases have shown to be more of preventative measures against itchy skin, rosacea, dermatitis and eczema.
5 Best-Selling Silk Pillow Cases on Amazon
But you don't have to take our word for it. Here are the top 5 best-sellers on Amazon currently.
- 【ULTRA SOFT & SMOOTH】 Silk's natural fiber and tight weave allow the skin and hair to slide over the pillowcase very gently and freely, it creates less friction between your hair&skin and the silk pillowcase, helps reducing facial wrinkles, preventing dry/ knotted hair and reduce hair loss. Silk pillowcases never conduct static electricity or attract dust mites, it's the most natural anti sleep-crease and anti bed-head product.
- 【NATURAL TEMPERATURE REGULATOR】 Pure mulberry silk is a natural temperature regulator which is skin-friendly and moisture to help feel cool in summer and warm in winter. Sleep on silk pillowcases, you will sleep well overnight and enjoy sweet dreams.
- It comes with 2 pillowcases | Queen Size: 20x30 King size:20x40
- 100% Polyester Satin | Satin refers to the weave of the fabric( how it's put together) not the fiber(what it is made of).
- Dermatologists recommend natural silk pillow cases for the cool touch and breathability. Great for preventing wrinkles, dry skin and frizzled hair, and morning bed head.
- Hidden zipper for style, comfort and better fit; Handmade, top-quality workmanship that lasts.
- OEKO Certified Material：100% Mulberry Silk,both side 19 Momme 600 thread count,with hidden zipper design.
- Multi Size&Color:QUEEN 20x30 Inches (50cmX75cm)fits most QUEEN size pillows. KING 20x36 Inches(50cmx90cm) fits most KING size pillows.STANDARD size 20x26 Inches (50cmX66cm)fits most STANDARD size. Superior durable plain color for choose ,not easy to run after washing.Exquisite craftmanship of the neat stitches.
- Fabric: Both Sides 100% 16MM Mulberry Silk
- Closure: Hidden zipper for style comfort and better fit Each pillowcase is handmade and shows top-quality workmanship
Switching from a cotton pillowcase to a silk pillowcases does wonders for your skin and face. It requires a little effort to find one that fits your needs and budget, but once you find it, expect to wake up with fewer wrinkles (and less bedhead).
PIN FOR LATER